Dental Emergencies in Novi MI
What do I do if I have a Dental Emergency?
A dental emergency is any situation that poses an immediate threat to the health of your teeth and supporting tissues. Dental emergencies are often the result of impact to the mouth, but they also can be caused by infection. To ensure the best possible outcome, any dental emergency should contact the office as soon as possible.
Patients of Record (we are not able to accept new patients at this time)
For severe dental emergencies during the after hours, such as significant infection, pain, trauma or lost teeth, please call us at Legacy Periodontics & Implants Phone Number 248-380-8020 to find out about our emergency services and instructions.
Emergency Dental Situations:
- Severe Pain / Tooth
- Uncontrolled post-operative bleeding or problem
- Significant Sensitivity
- Swollen or Sore Gums
- Jaw Pain
- Infection / Bad taste in the mouth
If you can’t get into our office immediately, here is a list of effective home remedies to make you more comfortable while you wait for care:
- Warm water rinses for sore teeth and gums.
- Over the counter pain medication such as ibuprofen (NOT aspirin).
- Ice packs applied to the outside of cheeks.
- Dental anesthetics containing benzocaine may be used as directed on the package for pain.
- Avoid overly hot and cold beverages and foods to reduce sensitivity.
- Heating pads may be used for jaw pain.
- Avoid chewing in the injured area.
- If a broken tooth has a sharp edge, cotton can be placed over it to protect soft tissues in your mouth.